A Child Poverty Action Group Background Paper
A new report has been released: Myths and Facts about DPB Recipients.
This report provides arguments to “unpick the myths” such as:
- Breeding for a business
- More money won’t help
- Paid work will solve poverty
- The DPB pays more than the average female worker’s wage
- Welfare traps people in poverty
- DPB is a lifestyle and a lifetime choice
- Compulsory work preparation courses lead to jobs
- Welfare causes poverty and illness
- If you are on DPB you are ripping off the system
- Raising children as a sole parent is not work
- DPB separates children from their fathers
- DPB is a dream solution for women and their children
Read the full report here.