In this free webinar, join renowned writer, trainer and speaker Dr Robin DiAngelo to better understand how you can engage and partner more effectively in cross-cultural dialogue, anti-racist action and change. This is a great opportunity for those who would like to improve their intercultural communication and understand unconscious cultural bias.
Dr Robin DiAngelo’s area of research is in Whiteness Studies and Critical Discourse Analysis and she has a PhD in multicultural education. DiAngelo has been a consultant and trainer for over 20 years on issues of racial and social justice.
After coining the term “White Fragility” in an article, to describe the defensiveness that even the most well-meaning white people exhibit when their ideas about race and racism are challenged, she went on to write a book of the same name with a subheading ‘Why It’s So Hard for White People to Talk About Race’. Her book was released in June of 2018 and rapidly rose to the top of the New York Times bestseller list.
Join us for a frank and challenging discussion on race and how to improve our mindset and approach to create meaningful cross-racial dialogue.
For more on Dr Robin DiAngelo see the following:
- What’s My Complicity? Talking White Fragility With Robin DiAngelo
- The Guardian interview with Robin DiAngelo
- Nice Racism: How Progressive White People Perpetuate Racial Harm – http://www.beacon.org/Nice-Racism-P1678.aspx
- White Fragility: Adapted for Young Adults – http://www.beacon.org/White-Fragility-P1826.aspx
- The Facilitators Guide for White Affinity Groups: Strategies for Leading White People in an Antiracist Practice – http://www.beacon.org/The-Facilitators-Guide-for-White-Affinity-Groups-P1823.aspx