Join Te Tari o te Ihonuku Māori, Waipapa Taumata Rau and Community Research at the Fale Pasifika 25th November 2022, 10am to 1pm for the Research as Ceremony panel kōrero with Opaskwayak Cree scholar Shawn Wilson.
We look forward to hearing from local and global researchers who will share their reflections and insights on the way they conduct research within Indigenous worlds and the sacred process of research.
- Dr Shawn Wilson will share his reflections on his research practice with First Nations people from Australia and Canada.
- Dr Albert Refiti (AUT) will first share kōrero about the Fale and the ontologies of its being.
- Kapua O’Connor – how their team navigated their research for the book “A fire in the Belly of Hineamaru safely to honor pūrakau of the past”.
- Edmond Feheko – Health and Wellbeing of our communities changing the narrative of Pasifika peoples.
- Our MC will be Atlantic Fellow Kaye-Maree who will also share reflections on her indigenous banking and Māori tech mapping research.
A recording of this special event will be available on our website soon.