SENIOR ADVISER – EVALUATION
The purpose of the role is to support provision of confidence that the Ministry’s investment in programmes, policies and strategies are delivering benefits, outcomes and value for money.
- Assess the benefit realisation of programmes, policies and strategies by conducting ex post evaluations.
- Contribute to improving investment in programmes, policies and strategies by promoting evaluation learnings.
- Support and advise on evaluating activities elsewhere in the organisation, including advising on evaluation frameworks at the time programmes are established.
Skills and Experience
- Is experienced in evaluation of policy and programmes.
- Is skilled in project management, and has experience in leading projects and achieving effective outcomes in situations where there are diverse interests
- Understands how a government agency functions, understands key government processes and government priorities.
- Writes clearly and succinctly, and present well, to a variety of audiences.
- Makes sense of complex or ambiguous issues and to determine the most appropriate response to these
- Functions independently and as part of a team, as required.
- Is effective in a variety of informal and formal communications, including presentations.
- Uses time effectively and efficiently, and concentrates their effort on the most important priorities
- Is organised, logical, methodical, thorough and able to drive processes and projects to completion.
To apply please submit your cover letter and CV online, quoting reference number 13-010.
For further information please click here or contact email@example.com
Applicants must be immediately available for interview within New Zealand and must hold a current New Zealand work permit or be a New Zealand resident.
Applications close 15 February 2013.