The latest Policy Watch from the New Zealand Council of Christian Social Services is out now.
- Changes at NZCCSS
- Is there life after the Community Response Fund?
- Electricity Prices and Fuel Poverty
- Food in Schools
- So you think your house is damp – you’re not the only one
- What price are we paying for a surplus?
The report includes a link to the Living Wage, Beyond the Bottom Line: The Challenges and Opportunities of a Living Wage, a 2013 report from the UK on the implications of the living wage.
The Easter 2013 Vulnerability Report – to find how New Zealand is doing in the areas of unemployment, poverty and the wellbeing of our most vulnerable.
Also, a link to the New Zealand Community Housing Association’s newsletter, which includes:
- Housing Pressures in Christchurch report
- The Green Light report, from UK groups Groundwork, the National Housing Federation and the Aspire Foundation, the aim of this report was to study the potential for housing associations to create jobs for disadvantaged people through social enterprise, with a particular focus on the Green Economy
- Information about the Community Housing Association’s upcoming seminars:
- 8th May – Wellington at St Johns in the City, Cnr Dixon and Willis Streets, Wellington
- 16th May – Dunedin
- 31st May – Christchurch – Tuahiwi Marae, Tuahiwi Road, Tuahiwi 7691
- 12th June – Auckland
To read the Policy Watch click here