In this report we explore the wellbeing of Aotearoa New Zealand secondary school students with the following identities using data from the Youth19 Rangatahi Smart Survey:
• Rainbow rangatahi Māori
• Pacific Rainbow young people
• Rangatahi Māori with a disability or chronic condition
• Pacific young people with a disability or chronic condition
• Rainbow young people with a disability or chronic condition
• Young people who are both Māori and Pacific.
This report has been commissioned by the Ministry of Youth Development (MYD) – Te Manatū Whakahiato Taiohi, in order to inform their planning. The report uses Youth19 findings, further literature and youth advisory input.